Think you can solve our daily & weekly problems? Choose a category below to get started!
- Daily Math Challenge: A new problem will appear at 10am Central every Tuesday-Friday.
- Elementary Brain Teaser, Middle School Madness, & Problem of the Week: New problems will be posted each Monday at 8am Central.
- Points will be awarded for the first 7 days any problem is posted. After 7 days your name will appear on the list but no points will be awarded.
How It Works
- In order to submit an answer to a problem, you must register an account.
- Speed and Accuracy are key: Weekly problems allow users to answer once per hour. Daily problems allow users to answer once every 15 minutes.
- Submit your answer (out to 2 decimal places). Correct answers submitted for any current problem will be eligible to earn points and have your name displayed on the site. If you correctly answer an archived problem your name will appear on the correct answer list, but no points will be awarded.
- You can earn daily & weekly points that are added to your monthly and annual totals. You can also join a custom leaderboard to leverage the power in numbers and compete against other groups!
Need Scratch Paper?
We encourage you to use the free online math software and mobile app from ClassPad as your digital scratch paper while solving the problems on our site!
Encourage your students and/or friends to participate and compete by creating custom leaderboards for them to join. Click below to try it out now!
Win a Prize!
The Math Contest, which was started in 1996 by David Rock and Doug Brumbaugh, is now sponsored by ClassPad and powered by The University of Mississippi's School of Education. Rock and Brumbaugh also supplied problems and answers as part of the White House Math Challenge, a presidential effort to boost interest in math and foster problem-solving skills from 2004 - 2008.